Government of Canada Financial Incentive for Employers
Date & Time: Friday Feb 17, 2023
Duration: 50 minutes
Location: Hall 2
Career Launcher Apprenticeships offers employers in construction and manufacturing sectors up to $10,000 to hire a first-year apprentice through Government of Canada Apprenticeship Service Program.
- Funding is available for Canadian small and medium-sized employers.
- Funding is available in 39 Construction and Manufacturing trades.
- $10,000 is available for each apprentice that self-identifies as a representative of eligible equity-deserving groups, otherwise, $5,000 is available for each new apprentice.
- Eligible equity-deserving groups are women, 2LGBTQ+, indigenous people, persons with disabilities, newcomers (<10 years) and visible minorities (i. e., racialized communities).
- Employers can use the incentive in any way they see fit to support apprenticeship.
- Employers get support to recruit, onboard, and retain new apprentices with a practical toolbox exclusively available to those participating in the program.
- Employers can receive this funding in addition to other provincial or regional incentives.
Lilit Simonyan, Manager, Colleges and Institutes Canada
Lilit Simonyan is an award-winning not-for-profit professional and social entrepreneur with diverse experiences in North America and Europe. She is dedicated to educating and connecting youth, women and equity-deserving groups to bring positive change in their lives, organizations, and communities. She has worked with professionals from over 40 countries at organizations such as European Commission, United Nations Development Program, and Ontario Public Service. Her leadership and contributions in not-for-profit and public sectors have been recognized by the Prime Minister of Armenia, the International Youth Foundation through the YouthActionNet award, and International Research and Exchanges Board. She is a Jeanne Sauvé Fellow.
Colleges and Institutes Canada